Last year, this was my list of New Year’s resolutions:
“01. attend every class, except for appointments or special circumstances.
02. get my braces off, and ENJOY eating again.
03. refrain from consuming carbonated beverages, unless I am out somewhere or doing something special.
04. do not eat food after 9pm, no matter what.
05. do not eat more junk food than I’ve had fruit or veggies in any given day. [fruits&veggies > junk]
06. go back to yoga, because I love it and miss it.
07. buy Christmas presents for my family and friends throughout the year, and stash them away to save stress this December.
08. pray more.
09. help people.
10. encourage those in my life to be healthy.
11. greet everyone with a smile (after I get my braces off).“
I certainly did not attend every class, but I did get my braces off! I enjoyed eating, as well as enjoyed a lot of pop so I’m 1/3 so far. I lasted quite some time with the no-food-after-nine resolution but sadly a popsicle did me in – 1/4. More fruits and veggies than junk food? Not even close! I did go back to yoga for a while but then I started working during the class so sadly that one didn’t last either. I did buy a lot of Christmas presents throughout the year, it was quite nice – 2.5/7! I prayed more and I helped people, which is a good feeling. 4.5/7… I didn’t do a very good job encouraging myself to be healthy let alone others, and I didn’t really greet everyone with a smile. I didn’t even accomplish half of my resolutions!! Luckily, it’s a new year!
01. Get as many of the things on my 101 list finished as possible. Maybe not the traveling and everything but the ones that are feasible.
02. Give up pop – permanently this time!
03. Reach my goal weight through healthy eating and exercise. Make an appointment with dietitian as soon as Kevin leaves (to learn to buy/cook for one!).
04. Be more kind.
05. Plan as much of my wedding as humanly possible so that I don’t have to worry about it so much during 4th year/graduation.
06. Save more money. Specifically, enough for tuition & graduation, and any other money I don’t need to live on or need for the wedding.
07. Attend every class, except for appointments or special circumstances (excuses must pass by my Mother!). Let’s try this one again, shall we?
08. Spend some time stretching at least 5 days a week. Best feeling and I don’t stretch enough. In an effort to be specific, let’s say about 10-15 minutes, 5 days a week.
09. Sleep more. Go to bed early when I can and not stay up just because – except on Grey’s night!
10. Bake and cook homemade meals more! I really love it so I should do more of it.
11. In keeping with the previous resolution – eat out a maximum of once every two weeks.
12. Grow my hair! Only get trims and get those sparingly! I’m going to try and get it well past my shoulders by next new year.
Those are my resolutions – good luck with yours! Wishing you all a happy and healthy new year!