“Every new year people make resolutions to change aspects of themselves they believe are negative. A majority of people revert back to how they were before and feel like failures. This year I challenge you to a new resolution. I challenge you to just be yourself.” -Aisha Elderwyn
I have eleven, since it’s 2011 and I heard if you write them down, your chances of achieving your goals increase exponentially. Here goes:
01. attend every class, except for appointments or special circumstances.
02. get my braces off, and ENJOY eating again. Check
refrain from consuming carbonated beverages, unless I am out somewhere or doing something special.
do not eat food after 9pm, no matter what. Check
do not eat more junk food than I’ve had fruit or veggies in any given day. [fruits&veggies > junk]
06. go back to yoga, because I love it and miss it. Check
07. buy Christmas presents for my family and friends throughout the year, and stash them away to save stress this December. Check
08. pray more.
09. help people.
10. encourage those in my life to be healthy. Check
11. greet everyone with a smile (after I get my braces off). Check
There, now that I have them publicly displayed for all to see, and written on cardstock in my office, I should be able to keep all of them until next January right? Well, some of them seem easy so far, and a couple I’ll have to wait for the orthodontist to help me with, but I will try. I will try my best and if I forget about these resolutions but February, it’ll suck, so I hope that doesn’t happen. Wish me luck!